2019 USA Hockey Pacific District Goaltending Development Camp
The USAH Pacific District Goaltending Development Camp was started to institute a consistent districtwide goaltending program to recruit, develop and produce elite goaltenders.
The goal of the camp is to attract athletes at a young age by making goaltending one of the most desired positions in all of sports. This program is set up to develop raw athletic talent into fundamentally sound, multidimensional goaltenders. We also want to develop the goaltenders mentally to help each goaltender face all of the challenges the position presents.
The end result of this camp is to have the Pacific District produce goaltenders that consistently rank among the best in the nation.
Develop a consistent curriculum encompassing all aspects of the goaltending position to be instituted throughout USA Hockey.
Each Affiliate Goaltending Coordinator is required to conduct a minimum of (2) two statewide goaltending development camps. These camps in conjunction with the State Player Development Camp, will be used to evaluate and select players who will advance to the Pacific District Player Development and Goaltender Camp(s).
Each Affiliate Goaltending Coordinator shall, based on their individual allocations, email a list of nominated players with numerical ranking selected to advance to the Pacific District Goaltending Development Camp, including alternates (“Selection List”) to the Pacific District Goaltending Camp Administrators no later than May 15th each year.
- Date: August 2-4, 2019
- Location: Great Park Ice, Irvine, CA
- Steve Thompson, USAH Pacific District Goaltending Coach-in-Chief
- Wiley Rogers, Alaska Goaltending Coordinator
- Darin Campbell, Western Washington Goaltending Coordinator
- Adam Purner, Oregon Goaltending Coordinator
- Alex Bjerk, Nevada Goaltending Coordinator
- Tommy Tartaglione, Southern California Goaltending Coordinator,
- Chip Cormier, Northern California Goaltending Coordinator
Lester Sparks, Co-Director Pacific District Goaltending Development Camp, email@example.com , Cell: 971-219-6367